In evaluating an investment opportunity, we look for the following qualities:
- Architecturally unique, historic building, (preferably but not necessarily) built prior to 1930 that is at least 80,000 sf and can be converted to a hotel or mixed use project
- Located in an emerging or stabilized urban section of a top 15 MSA
- If the property is already a hotel, the ability to acquire it unencumbered by brand / management and execute a product / management turnaround
- Leasehold or fee simple ownership GB Lodging converts existing hotels or unique, historic buildings into leading lifestyle hotels or mixed use complexes anchored by a hotel.
- While the majority of our investments will be transformed into lifestyle properties, we would consider traditional hotel turnaround opportunities or other opportunistic investment into a hotel company on a select basis.